When you log in to Parallels Plesk Panel, it shows your Home page with shortcuts to the operations you frequently perform.
The top banner area provides access to the following functions:
- My account. This is where you can select a language and theme for your control panel and change your contact information.
- Switch user. This is where you can switch between user accounts. This shortcut is shown only when single sign-on technology is enabled on the server.
- Log out. This is where you close your session when you have finished working with control panel.
The navigation pane on the left provides access to the following sets of functions:
- Home. This is where you start working with the control panel. Most of the operations you might need to perform are accessible from this area.
- Domains. This is where you perform operations on Web sites. You can accomplish the following tasks from this area of the control panel:
- Add Web sites (set up DNS, configure hosting settings and resource usage limits), modify hosting settings, remove Web sites
- Create, modify, remove Web site hosting templates (referred to as Domain templates)
- Mail. This is where you perform operations on e-mail accounts. You can accomplish the following tasks from this area of the control panel:
- Set up and manage mailboxes.
- Set up mailing lists, automatic responses, mail forwarders.
- Applications. This is where you can view and install applications on your Web sites.
- Global Account. This shortcut appears in your Parallels Plesk Panel when the single sign-on capabilities are switched on on the hosting server. Single sign-on technology allows you to log in to different Parallels products using a single global login name and password. This shortcut is used for changing the global login settings.
- Help Desk. This is the help desk system integrated with your control panel. If you see this shortcut in the navigation pane, then it is likely that your provider uses it; so you can use it to report your problems to provider's technical support staff. If this link is not shown in your Panel, then it means that your provider does not use the built-in Help Desk. In such a case, you should use other means to contact your provider when you need assistance.
- Help. Provides context sensitive help.
To see information about a tool or an item on the page, hover the cursor over an item, without clicking it, and a small hover box appears with supplementary information regarding the item being hovered over.
If your hosting plan includes the Web site creation and management service using Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder, the following shortcuts are also shown in your control panel's navigation pane under the Sitebuilder Administration group:
- Home page. This provides shortcuts to the task-oriented wizards. Here you can perform any operations on your account and Web sites through the Sitebuilder system. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/using_desktop_interface.htm.
- Users. Here you can add and manage user accounts and service plans for your customers. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/signing_up_customers.htm.
- Sites. Here you can add and manage sites. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/managing_sites.htm.
- Server. Here you can view and manage the following system settings:
- Trial Sites Settings. Here you can configure settings for trial sites created by your prospective customers. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/setting_up_sitebuilder_wizard_for_anonymous_visits.htm
- Branding. Here you can configure the logo and title setting for your prospective customers. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/setting_up_logo_and_title_bar_text.htm
- Notifications. Here you can configure settings for notifications sent by Sitebuilder to your users. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/configuring_email_message_sent_at_trial_site_publishing_attempt.htm.
- Modules. Here you can view the list of available modules. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/viewing_and_configuring_sitebuilder_wizard_presets_and_modules.htm.
- Page Sets. Here you can view the list of available page sets. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/viewing_and_configuring_sitebuilder_wizard_presets_and_modules.htm.
- Site Families. Here you can view the list of available templates that combine design templates and page sets. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/reseller/en_US/html/viewing_and_configuring_sitebuilder_wizard_presets_and_modules.htm.
The main working area on the right provides access to the tools available for the current section of the control panel selected in the navigation pane. Additional operations are accessible from drop-down menus that open when you click group titles.
To navigate through Parallels Plesk Panel, you can use a path bar: a chain of links that appears in the right part of the screen, below the banner area.
To the right of the path bar, there are Favorites and Visited Pages menus. The Visited Pages menu keeps the shortcuts to the recently visited control panel screens. These shortcuts are added automatically. The Favorites menu keeps the shortcuts to the screens that you manually add to favorites. For information about working with shortcuts in the Favorites menu, see the section Customizing Your Home Page.
To return to a previous screen, use the shortcuts in the path bar, or the Up Level icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
When changing settings for a user account, domain name, or e-mail account, you can quickly select another user account, domain name, or e-mail account whose settings you also want to change. To do this, click a small arrow icon located to the right of the user name, domain name, or e-mail address.
This will open a list of user accounts, domain names or e-mail addresses that you can select.
To sort a list by a certain parameter in ascending or descending order, click on the parameter's title in the column heading. The order of sorting will be indicated by a small triangle displayed next to the parameter's title.